You Are Reading

0

So yeah. Yu-gi-oh stuff and other things.

Eternal13 Sunday, January 6, 2013 ,
I've been trying out new things the last couple of days with this blog.  The main reason is that I wanted to do more.  My computer is really strong, and trying out new options is all ways nice, but I mean it's difficult, nobody probably cares that I'm streaming or anything like that. 

For those that do, I thank you.  If you noticed, it seems like I rage a lot when I play, but I assure you, it's not really like that.  I guess I'm just used to having my friends to complain to while playing, I'm not even trying to say I'm good at LoL or anything like that, I'm really not.  I don't care enough about the game, otherwise I'd play ranked on it more often, I just like streaming.

Now yu-gi-oh stuff. Today was pretty rough.  No one wanted to go to the Countryside regional because we all have school tomorrow, and getting home at like 2 a.m. doesn't seem like fun when it will be a busy day tomorrow.  With that said, the Mermail match-up with Evols is basically figured out, and the Evol deck has a really good win ratio against them.  Other decks were more difficult to play against today.  The Evol deck's strategy against Mermails (at least for game 1) is to make a Solda.  At that point, you basically win.  It's not a very difficult strategy to grasp, against standard Mermail builds the only out they have against Solda is Moulinglacia (aside from some other obscure combos) so you just sit on that and destroy Moulin when they summon it.

Other decks were more difficult.  I went 1-2 drop today, beating Mermails but losing to Hieratics and Lance Frogs.  The main problem against Hieretics was them ending up with really strong hands and being able to consistently pull of their combos even if a piece of it was negated, I'm unsure right now whether that match-up is bad for me, or if I just got unlucky.  Against Swap Frogs there was little I could do, I opened poorly with the deck (my hands felt less than stellar with it in this tournament, I have not changed the deck to the version in the video, in case anyone was wondering if it was due to Terias or anything like that), and bringing out an Evolczar didn't work out too well due to them having multiple outs to it.  It was just rough.

  I feel like those decks are beatable with it, I just didn't play optimally enough due to my inexperience with those match-ups and probably the deck as a whole.  To be honest, I won't see either of the people that run those decks too much, neither of them come to the locals I'm regularly at too often. It could be that, or it could be the deck just under-performs when faced with something that isn't as simple as making a Solda.

One other thing I've noticed is that I make really obvious misplays in matches a lot.  The annoying thing is that it's not stuff I don't know to do, I just end up auto-piloting sometimes.  Making moves that aren't too great.  The only time I generally notice this is outside of tournament play, in tournaments it happens a lot less frequently.  I need to fix that.  Sloppy play or playing down (as in playing at a lower skill level than what you're capable of) when not in a tournament round is a bad habit to be in I think, and it starts to overflow into a tournament sometimes. I don't think it's a matter of taking the game more seriously, I think it's more of a matter of being focused when playing and not letting background noise or side conversations distract me.  My friends are much better at doing this than I.

I guess this Thursday I will be back to running Dragunity.  Now that I have a better understanding of Mermails I don't think I'll be as nervous playing with that deck.  I think I enjoy Dragunity more, just because I'm not as limited to the plays I'm going to make and there is more space to tech and improve the deck.  That's not to say I'm taking Evols apart or that it's a bad deck by any means, in fact it's really underrated.  I really want to keep trying out the deck as often as I can, I want to learn it.  I'm just saying I enjoy Dragunities a lot as well.  That and I finally got a Trident Dragion, which is something I've needed for the deck for ages.

Anyway, I think I'll end with that.  I'm going to post a semi-finalized Evol build here.


Also, I'd like to ask if anyone would want to comment, feel free.  I'm open to any sort of feedback.  I've wanted to build Madolches as something to play in free duels or at Sneak Previews.  I was wondering if anyone has any experiance with the deck or if it's worth it.  I can pick the stuff up for about $40, and it seemed like fun.

Until next time.

~E.P.B.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 E.P.B. 1337 D0j0