So yeah, Phoenix.dek. I thought I was going to bored with the fire king stuff. To be honest, I didn't look into the archetype all that much. Boy, I didn't know what I was missing. The fire king monsters are an entire archetype of Sacred Phoenix incarnates. I mean how badass is that?
If you want to read what these guys actually do, it would be best to go here. Since that basically explains it. No offense to the guy who wrote the guide, I really only use them to look over the effects of cards. Generally things with very small descriptions that tell me how many of a card I should run, just make me want to scream, deck building just isn't as simple as those things make it out to be, so yeah.
So what are we looking at? Here's a deck.
![]() |
| Note: running two Diawulfs, changed it earlier, too lazy to change pic. |
Fire King High Avatar Garunix
Attribute: FIRE
Level: ********(8)
Type: Winged Beast/Effect
ATK: 2700
DEF: 1700
Text: During the next Standby Phase after this card was destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. When you do: Destroy all other monsters on the field. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Fire King" monster from your Deck, except "Fire King High Avatar Garunix".
The entire archetype is basically about him. He's kind of like a reverse Sacred Phoenix, blowing up monsters instead of spell and traps. All of the other fire king monsters have a similar destruction clause when they're destroyed, during your next Standby Phase, you get a nifty effect.
These effects range from tutoring, destroying a card in your hand (triggering their effects), and a foolish burial for Fire Kings.
Basically, as the guide put it, the deck plays kind of like scraps...if scraps had access to Rekindling. The other stuff in the deck all revolves around supporting the other cards. Flamvell Firedog and Rekindling work great since all of the Fire King's have 200 DEF. Swift Scarecrow and Gorz protect you while your monsters die. Wolfberk is basically a Wind-up Rat in the deck (okay, it's not as good, Wolfberk is more like a stronger Junk Synchron) letting you have access to Rank 4s or your monsters effects again.The deck has some of the most amazing tutor cards in it. Onslaught of the Fireking and Fire Formation - Tenkei make sure you have access to your monsters. The amount of tutoring is astonishing. Fire King Ring Cycle, as the name suggests, lets you kill your own fire monster and bring back a fire monster, basically letting you continue your effects (especially if you destroy Garunix).
Finally, your decks finishing card is Rekindling. The decklist above only has 2, but it's very possible to run 3 (in fact that might be better, I don't know yet). When you play it, you'll probably have a full field, which you can use at that point to do a number of different things. The deck also has a lot of access to Rank 8s. My deck above went a little overboard on that aspect, but you should be able to get the basic gist of it. Diawolf is basically a Scrap Dragon for beast, winged beast, beast warrior monsters, making it a powerful addition to the extra deck.
So yeah, I know that's kind of basic, but I'm still learning about them myself. The best thing about this deck is it can be built on a pretty low budget, most of the cards will be in the Fire King structure deck. The downside is a lot of the power is still OCG only. Meaning their might be a bit of a wait before the deck can hit it's full power. I might work on a potential TCG list, but it definitely won't play the same.
Anyway, short article. Next time, gonna do stuff with the Manga's. Mainly because I really like Kiryu's Infernities in the manga, and Blackship of Corn ain't no joke either, unless you're like me and are going to attempt to build a corn deck, then it is kind of joke.
Later.
~E.P.B.


0 comments:
Post a Comment