So yeah, I also lied about what I would write about, I mean, I'll get to that stuff, but first.
| Not this guy today folks, sorry. |
Anyway, since that era, we have a couple of newer Phoenix cards in the game. We'll be getting the Fire King card, but that isn't what I'm talking about.
We have, legal in the TCG, Blaze Phoenix the Blazing Bombardment Bird.
![]() |
| The Deck |
Now, this deck idea is by no means new, but in case anyone doesn't know, here is how the deck runs. The explanation is done by Skyress King on Pojo in 2011, I am borrowing it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 1:
Have Chain Material face-down and Fusion Gate active. The other cards can be anywhere. Focus the deck on getting this combo set up.
Step 2:
Activate Chain Material. Special Summon 1 Blaze Fenix, the Burning Bombardment Bird by removing UFOroid and the Pyro-type monster. Activate effect and burn.
Step 3:
Remove the 4 Elemental Heros to Special Summon Elemental Hero Electrum and return all RFG cards to the deck.
Step 4:
Remove UFOroid and Elemental Hero Electrum to Special Summon UFOroid Fighter.
Step 5:
Remove Blaze Fenix, the Burning Bombardment Bird and UFOroid Fighter to Special Summon Blaze Fenix, the Burning Bombardment Bird. Activate effect and burn.
Step 6:
Loop back to step 3.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since 2011, we've had some new developments in card technology. At the yu-gi-oh World Championship 2012, Jarel Winston piloted an Exodia deck. This next explanation is taking from the Yu-gi-oh Wikia.
"A variation of an "Exodia" Deck was used by Jarel Winston. The Deck's main focus is to gain a lot of draw power by having the opponent have much more Life Points and draw "Exodia". The Deck utilized cards such as "Gift Card" to increase the opponent's Life Points, chainable cards, such as "Reckless Greed" and "Waboku", to use the Deck's key card "Hope for Escape". Winston also ran cards such as "Upstart Goblin" and "Twister" to increase the Life Point difference, as well as gain draw power and remove "Royal Decree". This strategy allowed Winston to draw 5 additional cards with "Hope for Escape" twice."
All right then, now we have the other part of the deck. As you can see in the Dueling Network pic above, I have also used some of the sort of cards that the Exodia deck used. Mainly, the Hope For Escape to draw loads of cards and set up for the kill. Instead of Gift Card though, we have one last piece of new card technology, Where Arf Thou?.
![]() |
| Romeo. |
Where Arf Thou?
Normal Spell
If you control a face-up Level 1 monster: Add 1 Level 1 monster from your Deck to your hand. During the End Phase of this turn, take 2000 damage if you did not Normal Summon the added monster, or a card with the same name, after activating this card.
What's the idea behind that card? Well, basically, if you open with Cyber Valley or used a Battle Fader, you can activate it and get another one from the deck (preferably Battle Fader). Once you do that, you have tons of options. If you got Cyber Valley, and you used a Battle Fader the previous turn, congrats! You net yourself two free cards. If you just normal summoned Cyber Valley that turn and used it, congrats! You just got a Battle Fader for your opponents next turn. Those are the basics of it. Oh, and if you pay the 2k life points, you get an extra draw off of Hope for Escape.
So yeah, I've only used the deck once on DN, but it was pretty fun...for me anyway. My opponent hated it, since it takes forever and is really technical. I've been acquiring the cards to use it at my locals for months, mainly because it's just a side project. The deck really has a meaning behind it too, like a Phoenix, the Bombardment Bird just keeps coming back, and keeps on hitting your opponent in the face.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So yeah, that's the deck. Anyway, next time, uh...more of stuff, probably the Bushi deck, or whatever I want to talk about. I find that saying this stuff helps me to not forget about the blog, so maybe it won't drift into oblivion.
~E.P.B.
Song I'm listening to: Walk All Over You by AC/DC


0 comments:
Post a Comment