So, the blog has been dead for most of the summer, mainly because I have been working construction all summer. It’s good money but is seriously taking a toll on pretty much everything I’ve been doing. I’ve got a month of it left, so expect more updates as my time working the summer job comes to a close.
For starters the yu-gi-oh world has changed a lot. We’ve been seeing some incredible stuff, and today sort of marks a historic moment in the games history since the Xyz monsters hit the tcg shores today.
So lets start with that.
Xyz, in a name and cardboard.
So the TCG name was revealed some time ago. To be honest, when I saw the box art for the starter with the new logo and everything I thought it was fake. That’s the thing I like least about the new logo is that it reminds me of the old fake cards you would see at Flea Markets (Dark Rabbi lols). It’s not really the thing I like to be reminded of when I see an official product.
But beyond that, the new logo is decent. I like it better than the 5D’s logo because of its simplicity. While the 5D’s logo looked flashy and kind of cool, I don’t think it was how yu-gi-oh should look, and it was a pretty big change from the original logo we had for a long time. This new logo is new, but it has a familiarity that reminds players of the game’s origin. It’s nice to see that while a lot is changing in the game that there is some comfort in the logo being sort of nostalgic .
Next up that brings us to the name Xyz (pronounced ik-seez). A lot of people were mad that it’s not Exceeds, especially when the new starter was spoiled and we didn’t have the way to say it. Does not really matter now though, since they are pretty close phonetically. Xyz is “how the name has always been,” depending on who you listen to.
I think there has been a lot of downturn on people taking fanlations as literal fact, especially since Kevin Tewart on the pojo forums has been giving us some insight on why the tcg names are what they are. The name is fine for me, the only thing I dislike is the confusion on how it is supposed to be said, that and all the idiots making XYZ Dragon Cannon jokes.
The New Starter
Just a brief review sort of deal. The packaging looks nice, pretty solid design, although I wish there was more of a rulebook in it with something discussing Xyz more since they are new to the game. The black cards themselves have a decent look, it’s a little hard to tell where the boarder is around the card though, I don’t know why this bugged me, it just kind of gives the card a really really black look.
Utopia looks cool, but I think the name could have been longer. The original fanlation was Aspiring Emperor Hope, which even though that wouldn’t have been the name if directly translated, it has been sort-of confirmed that the name was trimmed down in the renaming process. It just doesn’t inspire the same feeling when seeing it for the first time, the name just feels mundane, but that’s no big deal I guess.
Otherwise, it is also one of the new products featuring the new rules text. I really liked this as it made the card text much easier to understand (not that I didn’t know what they did, it’s just nice and concise) and I’m looking foreword to seeing how other cards are handled with this.
I picked up 2 of the deck. Mainly for the Utopia and the Mirror Force (which most people have enough copies by now, I never bought the previous structures with it in it =P)
Duality Confirmed in 2011 Tins
Jizzed.
Towel please and moving on.
League of Legends news?
Leona is still not in the LoL store. Since most people have dying to play her, Riot should probably get their act together. Although it was the right move to delay her rather than having the servers down all the time. I’m expecting that with Leona the new skins will come out as well, and hopefully that will be sometime soon.
Now where the fuck is my Monkey King >.<
Last but not Least
The blog will be getting a makeover soon so the d0j0 can become more 1337. I’m taking a class on HTML, and within a few weeks (probably around the updates start picking up) it will be changed around, hopefully it will attract new readers.
For those of you that have been reading, thanks and expect nicer things soon.
E.P.B.
You Are Reading
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
b1337d0j0
Et3rnal13's perspective on the game of Yu-gi-oh, looking back over the last several years of this site, I've written a lot of subpar stuff.
Blog Archive
Labels
My Blog List
-
-
-
-
Judgement of the Light: Apr/201313 years ago
-
I have a Twitter! :o13 years ago
-
Block Golem: Supreme King of Legoland13 years ago
-
10,000 Views! Thank you Guys!♥14 years ago
-
-
Popular Posts
-
I'm playing yu-gi-oh again...because this game.
-
So, some interesting developments happened this weekend. On the one hand, March 2013s top deck at the moment has been defined as Mermails. ...
-
This is just a list of the cards that I think are so far the interesting monsters in the Exceed mechanic. These are followed by short expla...
-
Just waiting for people to get on. Basically, we will be discussing yu-gi-oh stuff. Put it on a listen to it in the background or somethin...
-
Sorry I haven't updated anything this past week. It's been really difficult since my classes are picking up. At the moment, I have...
-
Well, I did terrible. It wasn't even the deck, I just played like a derp the whole time, forgetting card effects, not remembering what ...
-
http://et3rnal13log.wordpress.com/2014/07/13/introduction-to-my-et3rnal13log/ I no longer play yu-gi-oh gaiz. Sorry, but it's been a lo...
-
Will be my last week on hiatus. I just have to finish up doing a couple more research projects and then Spring Break. So I'll probably...
-
With the GX Manga ending in what seems to Koyo playing against Judai, I figured I’d make two decks to commemorate nothing too major, just so...
-
The usual drill. Watch on Twitch TV, being live streamed. http://www.twitch.tv/et3rnalphoenix13# Will be up on my Youtube channel later...
0 comments:
Post a Comment