You Are Reading

0

T.G. Pojo Post

Eternal13 Sunday, May 15, 2011
This is a post I made on pojo, it sums up a lot of my thoughts on the new T.G. deck in the TCG. Anyway, enjoy.

My

Late-to-the-Party T.G. Guy.dek

Monsters: 19
2x T.G. Cyber Magician
3x T.G. Striker
3x T.G. Rush Rhino
3x T.G. Warwolf
1x Spore
1x Glow Up Bulb
1x Dandylion
1x Sangan
2x Junk Synchron
2x Doppel Warrior

Traps: 9
1x TG1-EM1
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Call Of The Haunted
1x Solem Judgment
2x Bottomless Trap Hole (Solemn Warning)
1x Mirror Force
2x Seven Tools of the Bandit

Spells: 12
1x Foolish Burial
1x Giant Trunade
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Reinforcements of the Army
1x Monster Reborn
1x One for One
1x Dark Hole
1x Book of Moon
3x Pot of Avarice

Extra: 15
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barriar
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Formula Synchron
2x T.G. Wonder Magician
1x Brionac Dargon of the Ice Barriar
1x Magical Android
1x Thought Ruler Archfiend
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Armory Arm
1x Recipro Dragonfly
1x T.G. Blade Blaster
1x T.G. Halberd Cannon

So yeah, did a lot of games today...mainly against a plant-synchro deck (But not specifically, most of my games were against that but I did play against some other things).

I wasn't running the third Avarice, Foolish Burial, and the Spore until after those games. After those, I realized how strong Avarice was in the deck, and all of the search effects are really really good. Avarice ended up being a card that I felt I could run three of with the only problem being if I opened with all 3. To explain how much I liked the search effects, there were games where I could just push with the small guys since they just replaced themselves. That effect also made combos really to set up and pretty strong openings and quick Avarice (although, nothing is as strong as a Shi En or Royal Tribute opening =//).

I decided on Foolish since there wasn't a consistant way of dumping Dandylion, and Glow-up Bulb. Previously I didnt want to find room for Lonefires, and since I put in Foolish Burial I figured I could add Spore over the Unknown Synchron I was using, since even though I liked the Unknown's SS effect, I felt like I was normal summoning it too often for it to not just be Spore, and since now there are plenty of ways of putting Lion to the GY I figured I could make better use of it.

Junk Synchron and Doppel Warrior are just amazing cards, and were really strong, just like this thread has been talking about, so I was impressed with those. I had two TG1-EM1 in the deck during these games. Although the card did work, it wasn't used enough to be consistant, I dropped it down to 1 because its such a blowout card.

For the extra deck, during those games I was running a Power Gladiator, which ended up being useless a lot of those times, so he got dumped for the Scrap Dragon, which would have helped me in a lot of games. I liked the Recipro Dragonfly combo, albeit it is probably the most situational part of the deck, it wasn't situational enough to where I was annoyed at it.

Halbred Cannon was just beastly when he came out, and would win games single-handedly. It is one of the things I may end up dropping, even though he will pubstomp the lower-tierd players at my local (although they're usually decent, they don't keep up with the format enough zz).

I play the deck pretty slow, only really exploading when I need to and try to make ample use of the search effects, I don't know how everyone else plays it though.

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the first run through, Hyper Librarian adds a lot to the deck, I don't know if it's enough to compete with what will be in the format during that time, but I can see this deck going places.

The only games that went badly was when I opened 3 Warwolfs and no avarice for miles, back when I was running two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 E.P.B. 1337 D0j0